Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Dream In A Prison.

A bell rings. The sound echos throughout the empty courtyard. Soon after, the doors open and crowds of blue fill the field. As the people began to do their regular day routine, two men had finished a game of basketball. They head for the shade, hiding from the hot sun against the cold concrete building. One man is named Mike. He is Caucasian and young and athletic. the other man is black and a older. his name is Tyson. Both in prison for burglary
 "For an old man," jokes Mike as he sits on the ground first, "you can play some good basketball".
  "I've use to play for my high school team. I still have it in me." pants Tyson. Silence occurs as the sound of other criminals laughing in the background as the men catch their breath.
Tyson breaks the silence. "You know what I hate about this place?"
  Mike responds, "what?"
      "I hate these god dam uniforms."
       "uniforms?"
 " Yeah, we all look like Canadians with our blue jeans, blue jean shirts," As Tyson complains, "we need to look like criminals, you know, the orange jump suits, that way we will look like actual criminals. I don't want to look like a kind of person who got arrested for cursing, or for leaving the milk out. I want prison guards to think and say 'Hey Jim, I bet that black guy over there got here cause of murder."
   Mike looks as Tyson with confusion and replies "Out of this whole place you think the uniforms is our problem?" Anger starts to enter Tyson's body. " I think, that you are absolutely correct!" yells Mike as he jumps onto his feet. "I think you should tell the Warden about that idea of yours."
Tyson says with excitement, "really? you mean it? Gosh I bet we could get a bake sale at 11AM recess and sell cookies, oh and even muffins!"
Mike grabs Tyson by the arm. " Now don't tell anyone about this idea. I don't want to see other guys setting up a cookie stand," whispers Mike.
 Tyson studders,  " don't worry, it will just between you and me!".
Both men start to smile. Like little boys finding a dollar, they jump around the basketball court with excitement and ambition. As they high fives each other, the men race to the wardens office.

1 comment:

  1. 4 of 4 assignments completer. Good detail, good creativity. All of your blogs need some proofreading and spellchecking.

    ReplyDelete