Thursday, February 24, 2011

Bullying is the sugar in a Coke Zero

Princess Margret Secondary school, located in the city of Penticton, has a student population of about 750 kids. Each with a different personalities and trates. In this school the colour is majority white but it seems that colour is never a issue. I walk through the hallways, finding my way around this small school. I find the class room i was looking  for and enter quietly as the class is in session. I walk into a classroom where the teacher is a man that goes by Mr. Hogg. He seems to be doing a demo. I sneak into the back and bring out my notes.

"Alright class, today we are going to find out velocity using a demo," announces the teacher. "by seeing how fast this car is going when it comes into impact with Rachel Knoll!."
All the kids turn to a young classmate, including the teacher, points at the embarrassed girl and began to laugh.
"Mr. Hogg," yells a boy with his arm waving in the air.
 "Yes Matt?"
"Can I drive the car?"
"No I think I'm going to be behind the wheel on this demo"
My watch beeps as it is telling me I must move on to another class room.

                I walk up to the upstairs floor and as I look into the window of a class room, I see a teacher, torturing this innocent child with a microphone in his hand to sing along with some sort of karaoke device. The child doesn't sing. Until I see the teacher slam her ruler onto a desk in front of her and soon the innocent child begins to sing. I thought I saw a tear come out of his eye, but I was too far to notice. I turn around the corner and I enter the classroom that says "Mr.Van Camp".


      I again, sneak into the back without distraction. The kids in this classroom are quiet, heads stuck to their papers, hoping their names wouldn't be brought up.
"Stand up if you have a date this weekend," asks the Teacher.
No one stands
"Really? Not a single person? When I was your age I had millions of girls wanting to date me. It's a good thing you have me as you teacher or you would be lonely for the rest of your lives! I'm here to set your pathetic lives in order."
Still, no kid gives the teacher eye contact.
"I'm going to draw a name and who ever I draw, I will give you one tip on  how to be successful like me! Corey!"
the boy looks up with embarrassment.
" Oh boy, there is so many things to choose from. You need a hair cut for sure, and you also-"
the teacher pauses as the bell rings and the students bolt to the door. I've been at this school for one class and I already know the system in this school. It seems that the kids are very good and the low amount of  bullying in this school. The teachers on the other hand, need to learn from the classmates. I meet up with the boy who was called in the last class.
"That English class is like the swirlie in a toilet" said Corey.
" I understand that these teachers have much to learn about us. Sooner or later the bullying will stop and then we can really be a true school with Mustang pride."
Teachers, are the role models to kids. If every parent is concerned about bullying, I suggest that we replace all teachers with computers. Sure a lot of people will become unemployed but it's for the safty for our children. That way, our schools with be safe from vicious bullies such as the ones I witnessed at this school.
                  

No comments:

Post a Comment